how to choose best Slurry pump
Kingda Corp. are committed to providing the best technology and service to our clients.
- Corrosion Resistant
- Chemical compatibility with elastomers
- Improved efficiency is desired
- Solids concentration
How to choose best Slurry Pump?
What is slurry?
Slurry is a semiliquid mixture, typically comprised of fine particles like manure, cement, starch, or coal suspended in water and there are many countless other combinations that could be considered “slurries” because of this thicker consistency we need a special and best slurry pump requirement that we should be considered.
What is a Slurry Pump?
First of all, we need to consider a slurry pump impeller material, slurry pumps must have thicker vanes than water pumps. The impeller should have large enough passageways so that the largest solid particles can pass through without clogging. The slurry pumping system has different type of pumps and you need to know if what pumps do you need to buy, here some of pump that may help you: horizontal slurry pump, Vertical Slurry pump, Submerge and Submersible slurry pump. Slurry pumps are designed to suit specific pumping conditions. Pumps used in the cement industries handle mostly fine particles at low pressures, so the casings can be of light construction. In rock pumping, the pump casing and impeller must resist hard knocks, so they must be built thick and strong.
Sludge pumps and the term slurry pumping are sometimes used in place of each other, but the processes are quite different as slurry is generally regarded as having a high-water content which can be pumped utilizing centrifugal pump selection technology.
How about centrifugal vs positive displacement pump?
Positive displacement pumps are characterized by an operation that moves fluid by trapping a fixed volume, and then forces that trapped fluid into the discharge pipe while centrifugal slurry pump transfers the kinetic energy of the motor to the liquid by a spinning impeller as the impeller rotates it draws in fluid causing increased velocity that moves the fluid to the discharge point.
Types of Slurry Pumps
Horizontal Slurry Pump
Horizontal slurry pump is suitable for conveying strong abrasion, high concentration, corrosive large or fine particle slurry, this series of slurry pump can be widely used in metallurgy, mining , electric power, coal mine and other industries to transport abrasive slurry containing a large number of solid materials.
Vertical Slurry Pump
Vertical slurry pump is mainly suitable for conveying corrosive, coarse particles and high concentration slurry. The vertical slurry pump is used in the slurry pool to pump the slurry, and the pump head should be placed below the liquid level. A position of the pump shaft is perpendicular to the horizontal plane.
Submerge Slurry Pump
Submerged slurry pump is mainly used in municipal engineering, paper mills, cement plants, printing and dyeing plants and other industries to pump slurry, quicksand, sludge and other fluids. The Submerge Pump is a vertical single-stage single-suction cantilever centrifugal pump, the impeller is a semi-open impeller, and a mixing blade is arranged at the suction edge extension of the impeller.
Submercible Slurry Pump
Submersible slurry pump is suitable for conveying slurry containing abrasive particles such as sand, cinder, tailings, etc., mainly used in metallurgy, electric power, river dredging, sand extraction, municipal mud process and other industries. It a is the coaxial integration of the pump and the motor, and the motor submerges into the slurry. It can effectively prevent high-pressure water and impurities from entering the motor cavity.
Slurry Pump Parts
Frame plate liner
the nature of the materials being pumped
You must consider this:
- The particle size, shape, and hardness
- The exact in-pump viscosity of the product.
- The corrosiveness of the product
- Are the pump’s discharge components appropriate for the slurry to be pumped
- What is the material used to construct the pump constructed?
Determine the pump's operating parameters
It’s also important to consider the chemical compatibility of the slurry with any elastomers in the pump. Most centrifugal slurry pumps run at fairly low speeds — typically less than 1200 rpm. Allows the pump to run as slowly as possible but fast enough to prevent solids from settling out of the slurry precipitate and clogging the lines.
Why Choose Kingda Corp.
Kingda Pump Corporation is a state-of-the-art pump engineering and slurry pump manufacturing company. We are committed to providing the best technology and service to our clients.
Product Quality Commitment
- Product manufacturing and inspection are quality records and information.
- To examine the performance of the product we ask the user to the products in a process, the whole performance examination, to product delivery is confirmed qualified before packing.
Product price promise
- In order to ensure product high reliability and advanced nature, the system of the material used for domestic and international high-quality brand-name products.
- nder the condition of equal competition, our company are not to reduce product technical performance, change the parts, on the basis of cost of sincerity to provide to you the most preferential price.
After-sales service commitment
- Service principle: Product warranty period for is12 months, during warranty period supplier will repair and replacement damage parts free, as long as damage parts belong to quality problems.
- During warranty period,by the buyer’s equipment damage caused by human factors. Seller repair or provide fittings at costing price.
Kingda will give you the best slurry pump
Our customers benefit from our commitment to innovation, performance and quality
- We are 24/7 open for our valued customer
- It has 378 sets of main production equipment and 73 sets of special equipment
- A team of professional engineers, without any language barrier, to provide you with professional technical services.
- Provide online guidance.
- Support multiple payment methods (Prepaid 30% available)
- You can tell us your plan; we can help you customize the pump you need.
- We offer parts replacement
- We support wholesale and retail
Have More Questions Please Contact Us
Pump wear is normally confined to the valves; with a typical life of approximately 3 to 6 months depending on the slurry and application. If the slurry is acidic, then corrosion resistant materials should be used.
Based on the abrasive nature of slurries, it is important to choose a pump size that will allow for the pump to run at a slow enough speed in order to lengthen the duration of the slurry pump’s life. An ideal RPM to run a slurry pump at is between 900-1200 RPM.
The Kingda Pump is capable of pumping solid-laden materials with solids that are almost the size of the diameter of the pump inlet porting.
We'd like to work with you
Send us a message if you have any questions or request a quote. Our experts will give you a reply within 24 hours and help you select the right pump you want.