Most People have never heard of Slurry pumps, and there is little chances that they are exposed to such a pump, because Slurry pumps’ application is very specific. The industries including mining, power plants, alumina, river dredging are really rare and far away for the normal people, In China when the people in this filed talk about this Pump, Some people think it is a pump that specializes in making ‘Zhajiang noodles’ which is a famous food. It is funny when your friends around you also thought so.
Slurry pump is actually a kind of equipment with strict restrictions, because its performance characteristics are so complicated, Therefore, the difference is a thousand miles away if a parameter is incorrect, which may cause the service life of the slurry pump to be greatly shortened.
For example, when transporting the slurry with sharp particles, the rubber material should never be used for the flow part, otherwise it will cause the service life of the slurry pump to be greatly reduced, i believe nobody wants to be faced with a long down time and a big production loss. But please note, the use of metal materials in the slurry without sharp particles will greatly increase the procurement cost.
However there are still many other wrong doings like improper head flow, which leads to failure of normal operation, or excessive power leading to increased production costs, etc.
So to avoiding all of these, you need first have a general understanding of Slurry pumps before using it. The standards that a best slurry pump should have are as below 5 points:
1. The Capacity (flow rate) is one of the important performance data for pump selection, it is directly related to the production capacity and conveying capacity of the whole device. For example, in the process design of the design institute, the normal, minimum and maximum flow rates of the pump can be calculated. When selecting the pump, take the maximum flow rate as the basis. When there is no maximum flow rate, usually 1.1 times the normal flow rate can be taken as the maximum flow rate.
2. The head required by the installation system is another important performance data for pump selection. Generally, the head should be selected by magnifying 5%-10% of the designed data.
3. Liquid properties, including the name of the liquid medium, physical properties, chemical properties and other properties. The physical properties include temperature, density, viscosity, solid particle diameter and gas content in the medium, etc. This relates to the head of the system and the NPSH of a suitable pump type. chemical properties, mainly refer to the chemical corrosiveness and toxicity of the liquid medium, which is an important basis for the selection of pump materials and the selection of which type of shaft seal.
4. The conditions of the device system refer to the liquid delivery height and the liquid delivery distance, the lowest liquid level on the suction side, the highest liquid level on the discharge side and other data and the pipe specifications and their length, materials, pipe fitting specifications, quantity, etc. In order to calculate the head of the system and check the cavitation margin.
5. There are many operating conditions, such as liquid operation saturated vapor power , suction side pressure, discharge side container pressure, altitude, ambient temperature, whether the operation is intermittent or continuous, and whether the pump position is fixed or Removable.
Anyway, there is a shortcut for you to find a good answer for all of these questions, that is Kingda a good friend who can help you with the design and installing, as long as the after service.
The big one is costly, and the small one is not good. This is true is not only about the pump but also the supplier, so to start with a new project Kingda will be your best choice, leave your message for a wonderful Slurry pump solution, we are expert at this.