Slurry pumps are designed for heavy-wearing and heavy-duty uses like the transportation of abrasive fluid and corrosive Slurry in industries such as mining, dredging steel and sewage treatment.
It is a kind of machinery that increases the energy of solid and liquid mixed fluid by means of centrifugal force (the rotation of the impeller of the pump), and converts electrical energy into the kinetic energy and potential energy of the Slurry. The working process is as below.
With the help of centrifugal force, the Slurry is thrown from the center of the impeller to the outer edge and gains energy. It leaves the outer edge of the impeller at a high speed and enters the volute pump casing. In the volute pump casing, the liquid is decelerated due to the gradual expansion of the flow channel, and part of the kinetic energy is converted into static pressure energy. Finally, it flows into the discharge pipe at a higher pressure and is sent to the place where it is needed. When the Slurry flows from the center of the impeller to the outer edge, a certain vacuum is formed in the center of the impeller. Because the pressure above the liquid level of the storage tank is greater than the pressure at the inlet of the pump, the slurry is continuously pressed into the impeller.
We could see the working conditions of this kind of pump are relatively complex and complicated which may cause the slurry pump to suffer greater wear during daily use. In order to prolong the service life of the slurry pump, the best way to keep a good daily maintenance of the slurry pump.
1. The first is we must ensure the reliability of the slurry pump components and the reliability of the slurry pump piping system Which needs a good selection of the Pump Type.
2. Some parts of the slurry pump are vulnerable parts. In daily use, pay attention to the loss of the vulnerable parts, repair or replace them in time to avoid a loss of the other parts. In the process of repairing or replacing the worn parts of the slurry pump, ensure that the assembly is correct and the gap adjustment is reasonable to avoid the occurrence of tight friction, get the help from your supplier if needed.
3. The suction piping system of the slurry pump must have no air leakage. At the same time, pay attention to whether the suction port is blocked during the operation. The medium that the slurry pump needs to handle is usually with solid particles, so the fluid placed in the pumping pool should meet the requirements of the particles that the slurry pump can pass, reducing the possibility of excessive particles or some long-fiber materials entering the pump body and causing blocks
4. The slurry pressure and the head of the slurry pump must comply with the relevant technical regulations, and the way your slurry works should be adjusted at any time according to the operating conditions during the operation, otherwise it may cause the leakage of the shaft seal. In addition, the timely replacement of the shaft sleeve of the slurry pump bearing also has the same meaning.
5. If the bearing of the slurry pump needs to be replaced, it must be ensured that there is no dust and lubricating oil in the bearing assembly. At the same time, the temperature of the bearing should generally be maintained at 60℃ to 65℃ during the operation of the slurry pump. It should never pass 75°C, otherwise it is an abnormal situation.
After all, a daily maintenance is the best way to make the full use of your pump, For more info or instruction you could leave your message, Kingda team will be at your service always.